Tuesday 13 December 2011

Another quick story

One of my lovely friends and colleague Carol was in Toronto a week or so ago for a course. She was wandering the city, probably looking up as you do in a big city, and a car pulled up to the kerb. She watched two women get out of the car, looking very excited. Imagine her surprise when one smiled at her, gave her a chocolate and wished her happy 40th anniversary. As Carol wondered, the lady told her it was the UAE's 40th anniversary. Imagine her surprise when Carol told her that she worked with someone who used to live there. So Carol resisted the urge to eat the beautifully packaged, with a bow, chocolate and brought it home for me. It has pride of place in my fridge at the moment and I smile whenever I see it.
Happy 40th to all my Emirati friends!

No comments: