Saturday 30 July 2011

Peaceful times

Later on Friday, sitting listening to Bohemian Rhapsody drinking peppermint tea, relaxing after a busy week. It's been one of those that has flown. I think I've been home in daylight once this week and that was to get ready to go to swimming. It's been a good week though. I can sit here feeling quite satisfied with how things have gone and are going at work. I did bring a pile home but now I have my new lap top, that's not a bother.

I came home from happy hour and a nice meal just as the fat, hot rain fell from a sky that had been lit up with lightening for the past few hours. That nice, earthy smell that drifts up off the hot road as the rain hit had me opening my windows as I drove along. The plan for the weekend is to rest a bit, take some down time. I'm off for coffee and a bit of shop exploring with two friends tomorrow, getting my hair done later in the afternoon then going out for dinner and dancing. Not a bad plan. There are about 10 of us going so it should be fun. It's my birthday next week, shhh don't tell anyone, so felt I needed to do a little something to celebrate. Others were only too willing to join me.

Sunday may have time on the water and maybe a swim and laze at the beach. Apparently the poinsettia trees are in full bloom and need to be photographed. I over heard this in the lift today as the island's Premier was talking to someone else. Yep, I get to ride in the lift with the movers and shakers here, the Governor is very nice. I rode with him the other day, chatting as I do, thinking that this nice bloke looks familiar. All very friendly.

Most of all I just hang out quietly, that suits me just fine for now while work takes up so much of my time. I'm never bored, I work with great people who want the best for this lovely place, I'm learning stuff about myself, others and the way things work around here. It seems similar to the family structures in the small corner of New Zealand where I lived through the 1980s. People are connected to others, everyone knows each other and this can be very helpful at times, not so at others.

I'm so enjoying the peacefulness of this place, enjoying sleeping in with nothing to disturb me except the sun shining in my windows heating up the day. I was wondering as I sit here tonight about this blog. My stats tell me I have readers, quite a few surprisingly. I would love to hear from you. Please leave comments, I love feedback. When I first started reading blogs I did so silently as I didn't think I had anything to offer. Now I know we all have something to offer, no matter how small we think it is, it means something to someone.

No comments: