Monday 23 August 2010

London





A few of the London photos, more to follow with more stories. I wondered if I'd go up on the London Eye. Others told me it was cool, I convinced myself I must go and it was the last thing I did before heading to the airport. The light wasn't very good, a dull day with threatening clouds, but I did get a couple of reasonable shots.

The view from the pod looking up (or down) the Thames, yours truly outside the globe, The lovely Kim on the millennium bridge and one of the most impressive buskers I've ever seen, yes I gave generously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to try that London Eye. Slow smooth ride I would assume? lol.

Jule's Short Story said...

Hi and thanks for your comment.
It was good to see London from such a height so I could get my bearings, see where looked interesting to wander. It is slow, about 30 minutes and the windows were a pain to shoot through with the reflections and smudges.

Anonymous said...

Yea, that sucks, maybe one day, I guess I will get there....

Jule's Short Story said...

I checked your site. I have a toes photo in Antwerp but your disclaimer puts me off including it.
I can recommend London. It has a vibrancy few cities in the world manage, Rome and Istanbul are the only two I prefer.