Saturday 6 March 2010

Sting

I really haven't been writing as regularly as I had been, thanks to all my lovely friends who are missing my musings and giving me the encouragement to put pen to paper as it were.

There's been a lot happening in the past few weeks. I'm now a grandma and very excited about it, although sad that I won't get to meet Noah James in person until July. I'm sure I'll make up for lost grandma time then. He's very cute, well rounded with lots of black hair. He's a good mix of his mum and dad and uncles, all the good points of course. I hope to be able to publish a photo soon.

Talking to family such a lot and missing out on another special occasion has made me feel a little unsettled, a little homesick. I've been back from New Zealand for a few weeks and I've now got a long semester ahead of me. This is the third time I've worked this semester, the one with no breaks from February until July. I can't say I'm looking forward to it but you get that with the big jobs. I'm sure my Qatar crew are nodding about now.

This weekend I went to Dubai for some much needed R&R and stayed with some friends of a friend. We had a great time, a couple of excellent nights out including going to the Sting concert at the Medan Racecourse. This is an amazing venue, huge and plush and packed with people for the concert. As you can see by the clip, there was a lot of audience participation. It was the best concert I've been to in ages and I couldn't get this song out of my head. The sounds really scratchy but I'm sure it gives you a picture of the atmosphere, a fantastic night out.


No comments: