Wednesday 31 March 2010

Sad news



We've had some sad news here in the UAE, Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed Al Nahyan's body has been found after a microlight crash in Morocco several days ago. My heart goes out to his family, terrible to lose someone so young. There will be three days of mourning here according to the newspaper. What that means I'm not sure of at this time. Some say that the country shuts down for 3 days, some say that it will be business as usual. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

In the mean time, Sue and I are looking at flights to Egypt just in case we get a long weekend. I've had plans for ages to get there, to go and get my photo taken on a camel in front of the pyramids just like my granddad did in the war and like my father dearly wanted to before he died. Alas that was not to be. I've booked twice to go to Egypt and had to cancel, once because my father was deemed too sick to travel. Maybe this will be my third time lucky and I can do some mourning of my own.

I took this photo this afternoon on a trip to the camel track. There weren't many camels out and about but I spotted this group hidden in the dunes.

No comments: