Tuesday 16 February 2010

Pineapple Lumps



Pineapple Lumps are a New Zealand delicacy. These truly remarkable pieces of sunshine wrapped in chocolate have to be tasted to be believed. I always bring some back with me as gifts and to keep me going when I need a sweet as taste of New Zealand.

This time I brought 6 bags back. Opps not enough. I took a bag to work, they proved popular. I gave bags to several friends and now I have a dilemma. While some of my friends have shared with me, opened their bags right in front of me and tasted, I really haven't had enough of a fix to let the last bag go. I've promised it to Sarah, she hasn't been home in a while. She's one of us, one who knows the true value of these tiny, tasty treats.

So far the Canadians who have tasted have wanted more (even considering moving to New Zealand to get a regular fix); the Welsh lass wants more (even going so far as to talk rugby with me); the Australian wants to set up a black market supply (as you might expect from an Australian); the American has left town (sharing may have been an issue). What to do, what to do. I suspect I may have to grovel to my family and get them to send out a carton. The black market idea just might be a flier.

No comments: