Saturday 22 August 2009

A busy week

I suppose it's to be expected that this has been a busy week, a week with a lot for me to get my head around. It seemed to me that I've been back for ages, this morning when I woke I realised that it's only been a week.

Starting a new job is often stressful. Not this time. I'm really enjoying engaging with familiar colleagues and others I'd not yet met in a job where I understand the context. It's stimulating and challenging, just what I need to keep me interested. I worked in Abu Dhabi for a couple of days so got to catch up with Sue.

The week has been a social one, catching up on the travel stories of my friends. I'm really looking forward to seeing Anne and Rau's photos from Turkey. They both loved their visits. Mary-Anne and I caught up today and I got to play her new piano, well tinker with the keys. Anne and I went out tonight with the Natural History group on a moon watch spending an evening out in the wilds of Oman. I will load photos when I find my cord, it's temporarily mislaid for now.

No comments: