Monday 6 July 2009

A change of pace

I'm enjoying the change of pace and more variety in my work this week. We're doing professional development, a menu based PD where we get to choose what we engage in. Yesterday I had a session on coaching and mentoring, something I really enjoy and will follow up on. Today I signed up for an ICT session on making a web page.

Former colleagues may be snorting with laughter about now, yes ok so I'm not usually that well behaved in this sort of PD. I'm hoping today will be more challenging than previous ones, I suspect I'm going to be the dummy actually. I like attending PD, I always learn something and usually meet someone new I connect with. I hope today will be no exception and like yesterday, the new learning will be useful.

Right now I'm procrastinating. I've got plenty to do, ironing so I've got something to wear today, packing, cleaning the fridge. All the exciting jobs really. Mostly I'm procrastinating so I wear out the time I had to go to the gym. I'm feeling really lazy, getting into holiday mode, so exercise is low on the list of priorities and I'm not good at morning exercise anyway, maybe this afternoon.

No comments: