Monday 29 June 2009

The Viper


Terry managed to get this photo of the viper we saw in the wadi, thanks for send it to me Terry. He slipped under a rock ledge to hide from these large intruders but we didn't take the hint. Being New Zealanders, snakes are not something we see so fellow New Zealander Terry and I were keen to get some photos. I have little knowledge of snakes so little fear of them either, ignorance on my part I suspect. Mind you there were a few spider webs to be seen. I didn't investigate them, to this point the only creepy crawly I'm irrationally afraid of.
It's only 12 more sleeps until I'm on the plane and as the sand storm covered my car in fine, brown sand this afternoon I started looking forward to that other sort of storm, the one that brings snow down the valley dusting everything in white. I will of course be watching this from the warmth of my living room in front of the fire with a hot coffee in hand and a good book, roll on the hols.
Tomorrow we're having a party for the teachers, a large buffet where we can share a meal and a chat and most importantly thank them for their support over the year. Must remember my camera.

No comments: