Saturday 30 May 2009

Abu Dhabi







My last time in Abu Dhabi was spent in bed with a tummy bug. This time I wanted to get some serious sightseeing done. Annie and Sue obliged and along with Nicole we visited the Emirates Palace Hotel, the souqs in Mina, drove along the Corniche, checked out the beaches and ate out in some yummy places. We also had a nice time in the Hilton Jazz bar in the evening.


I enjoyed wandering around in the opulence of the hotel but preferred the gardens, very beautiful, green and well kept. As we wandered through I noticed a man sitting on one of the couches, lounging back and talking to two other men. He looked really familiar........that's it, it's the man off the programme the men in my life enjoy, American Chopper. I thought for a very short time about asking if I could get a photo. Nope, too much of an invasion of privacy for me. I'll never make a living as a paparazzi. The choppers were outside, part of a display on at the moment.


I did get photos, the obligatory upshot of the domed roof, Sue and I in diplomatic discussions and a covered pathway along the garden edge.

No comments: