Wednesday 29 April 2009

Licence

I've got my drivers licence! And without being asked for my passport, very lucky as I still don't have it back. It was surprisingly quick and easy. I had heard stories otherwise but i always think that a smile and a willingness to chat helps, especially in this part of the world. There is a women's section and I suspect the ladies there get a little bored. There was one other woman there. We congratulated each other laughing when we got handed the card, much to the amusement of the locals behind the counter.

today I'm off on an adventure, a break from routine. I'm heading to Sharjar north of Dubai to attend a conference. One of my teachers is presenting so I get to go and support. Her presentation is awesome, much better than I could do and she's promised to give me lessons on powerpoints. I get to leave a little later than I start school, am traveling with some lovely people and they've promised to stop for coffee on the way, life's good!

I'm taking my camera so hopefully I'll get the chance to take some photos. I can't wait to get a car now, think I might lease for a month while I look to buy. I have friends looking for a car for me. I've looked at one of these beasties.......not sure it fits in my limited budget.

2 comments:

teamcoultonoe said...

Congrats on getting your license Julie - you are braver than me!!
Lyn

Jule's Short Story said...

Thanks! The driving here is not as bad as Qatar, fast and furious but manageable. At least now I'll be able to get out and about a bit more.