Monday 6 April 2009


I still haven't found the cord to download the photos but I did find a rather large cockroach while I was looking. He was down the side of one of my spare beds. He looked at me, I looked at him and decided to pretend we hadn't seen each other. It was late at night and I was a little scared of what else I might find lurking.

I captured him in a jar this afternoon and deposited him over the wall. Did I mention he was large? Luckily when I checked further he didn't have any friends visible.

I've had a day of being social and engaging in some interesting professional development. David Vale works here with teachers to develop stories from an Arabic context and then produce lesson plans to compliment these. He is a humble and engaging man, a man who practices what he preaches about equality. He recognises the value of others, of team work and empowerment.

An inspiring yet tiring day. Perhaps I've just hit a low point after a stimulating weekend. Perhaps I need to be a hermit this afternoon instead of working out. Yoga tonight so zen might follow.

The photo is one I took in February when the sky was blue and the air temperature a bit cooler. Wish I could find that cord.....

No comments: