Sunday 1 February 2009

I'm here!

I arrived in Al Ain from Brisbane on Thursday night, or rather the early hours of Friday morning after a long flight via Singapore. I was picked up at Abu Dhabi and driven to Al Ain through the fog, arriving about 1.30am.

Raukura was waiting with a cuppa, the building guy gave me a run down on my flat in my jet lagged state, didn't take much in of course. The flat is so much better than the Qatar one, no comparison really. It's huge, airy and although not as light as I like, I do have an outdoor area. This is a long skinny area but still great to sit outside.

We also have a great roof top from which to watch the sun set, a bit cleaner than the Al Hitme roof. I had to laugh, the ones who arrived earlier than us have planned a roof top dinner to welcome us, sound familiar!

I took a sunset photo on my first day and will add photos of the flat and surrounds soon. For now, I have to get some groceries and celebrate our first day at work and having a lap top again. Thanks to whomever has the open connection I'm using right now. I have to get residence before I can get my own.

No comments: