Saturday 21 February 2009

A day out




Sue, Annie and Nicole arrived at Al Ain MegaMart just as I was finishing my groceries, not bad for a Friday. I cleaned my house, yes I can hear those who know me well laughing. I don't clean as a life style choice, I would much rather be doing other things but with guests coming needs must. I got washing done, beds made up and was there to meet the girls from the taxi. And all before lunch.

We went out walking after lunch to Al Ghali park and watched the families enjoying the afternoon. We took heaps of photos, the one here of Annie, Sue and I under the shade of a big tree. We found a cafe and had lemon mint in a tall glass, relaxing in the shade. A good way to spend the afternoon.
We found two willing taxi drivers to take us up Jebal Hafeet. They got a laugh out of the mad New Zealanders and one Canadian walking in the hot sun and wanting an expensive taxi ride. They cheerfully waited for us and took us back down. Sue and I talked cricket with our Pakistani driver to distract him form passing on yet another blind corner and tail gating the poor person in front, an exciting ride down the hill.

He enjoyed me taking a photo of him, checking it out to see it was OK. I'm sure the drivers here know us like they did in Qatar. We catch taxis all the time, everyday to school as well as around town.

No comments: