Friday 23 January 2009

Quiet week

It's been a quiet and stressful week, thank goodness it's Friday. Thank goodness it's Friday and I'm sitting here with a cold beer on a hot day, thank goodness it's Friday and I have got almost all my details sorted, including getting the packing down to around 30kg, thank goodness it's Friday and I have my flight details. I finally have my flight details, they have been a major source of stress this week, inwardly anyway. Outwardly I'm my normal cool, calm and collected self, yeah right I can hear others say.

And before you judge about the 30kgs, try packing your life into 30kgs sometime. As one of my friends said, at least you're small so your things are lighter than mine, you guessed it she's packing too. Anyhow, the long awaited eticket arrived this morning and I wish I could include it here, possibly can but can't be bothered working out here, now, without another beer. Did I mention it's hot, about 30 today?

This eticket is the most minimalistic document I have ever seen, two lines with abbreviations that, I am assuming, contain my time and date of flying, the flight number, the airline and where I'm flying to and from. I just need the code to work out the abbreviations, luckily I can read the times and I know I'm going to Abu Dhabi via Brisbane. It will all work out she says trustingly.

After all this is the person who blindly flew from Doha last year to Rome without the faintest idea of how she was going to get where she was going from the airport, no Italian, no Euros, no real idea of where she was going either. And that all worked out. It nearly killed me, I got sworn at by a fierce looking woman when she hit my bag and walking up Via Vaticano in that heat dragging a large bag, well suffice to say, I worked that out so this trip should be fine. At least I think I've got someone meeting me at the airport, here's hoping.

No matter what happens, I'm off on a new adventure, only three more sleeps to go. Quite excited really and so looking forward to seeing Keir and Sasi in Brisbane, spending some time with them. I will get photos, promise.

4 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Travel safe!

30kgs, that's luxury. I was only allowed 20 bloody kgs when I left New Zealand for Istanbul.

Today, here in Beglium, I realised how far I've come ... I just filled my filing cabinet with an impressive (and yet worrying) number of files. I'm accumulating again ... sigh.

Jule's Short Story said...

Well, I said I'd got it down to 30kgs, in reality I have to get that into a 20kg suitcase and then there's the up to 7kg carry on that's already pretty much full.

I'm actually in denial, well until the cold hard truth on Monday morning. Where on earth am I going to lose the rest?

Accumulating, I begin that on Friday :)

teamcoultonoe said...

Hi Jules
Good luck for your trip and be safe! Enjoy your time with your boy
Hope you get internet up and running resonably fast as i know how important it is to the sanity but I know you can survive no internet for a while!
Good luck for your new job too - let me know what its like
Love Lyn

Jule's Short Story said...

Thanks mate!

It's great to see Kez and Sasi again, it's been too long.

I'm a bit worried about the no internet but you're right, I will cope :)

Will keep you posted re the job, looking forward to seeing you in my new part of the world sometime soon.