Tuesday 13 January 2009

One more thing ticked off

It's arrived! Last year I sent my Masters to be attested by the UAE Embassy in Canberra, part of the process of gaining a work permit in the UAE. First I had to get this notarized and ratified by the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Internal Affairs in New Zealand. Today the notarized, ratified, attested document arrived in the post, unceremoniously shoved through the small opening by the postie. I can forgive the postie, they were not to know just how important this piece of paper is. It is now very beautifully decorated with stamps and signatures, ribbons and seals.

I am debating now whether to take this with me or courier along with my new set of passport photos. I am still waiting for my police check so might wait until the end of the week before deciding. I'd hate for this to get lost in the post, besides the process being expensive, it also took time. I am off in a couple of weeks, not long now to get everything packed up and ready.

I'm excited but a little anxious, to be expected really. I am leaving behind my support networks, my good friends and my family. I know from past experience that I can develop new friendships and these people will add to the richness of my life along with those I care for in Aotearoa.

I am lucky that I have friends already in the Middle East and Europe, including two new to Abu Dhabi. Raukura has just got a job in Al Ain with the same company as me and will arrive when I do. It'll be so good to have Rau there to hang out with, I'm sure I'll be adding lots of photos of our adventures.

I just have a couple of days of tidying up to go at work, a week or so to get packed and then I'm off on another adventure, all good really.

No comments: