Saturday 3 January 2009

More photos





We went to the beach early this morning. While Nick surfed and Courtney went for a run, I took these photos. I took more, mostly close ups of surfers from the cliff track. Not very successfully. 

Taylor's Mistake is a lovely spot, one of the few enclosed bays that have surf on the eastern side of Banks Peninsular. There were plenty of people out, as one of the photos shows. It was also freezing cold after the storms of last night. 

It was a wild night with high winds cutting the power in many places and heavy rain. The storm went up the coast, increasing the swells from the past few day. This also meant there was lots of kelp to compete with in the water, not pleasant to have slimy seaweed rub against your leg in murky water. 

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your recent visit to my blog and your kind comment. These are beautiful photos! So you are coming to Al Ain? I'm wondering if it is for a visit or a move? If you need any info, just let me know. Happy New Year!

Jule's Short Story said...

Thanks, will do. I'm moving to Al Ain, excited about it as it looks like a beautiful place.
Happy new year!