Saturday 20 December 2008

Wet Saturday

It's been a cold wet day, not at all conducive to going out shopping. I did manage a quick trip and got Sarah and Courtney's gifts. Girls are so easy to buy for, my boys not so. Don't get me wrong, they are undemanding, just fussy. Not sure where they get that trait from.

Nick commented that he wanted jeans, I suggested I buy them, he commented that he wouldn't like my sort of jeans. OK, so what are my sort of jeans? I suspect he pays a little more than I do for his, a little more than I can afford perhaps. He's down on Tuesday so we will take a trip to the shops then, much less pain and suffering for both of us. I did buy him a book, he already had it so I am reading it, we like the same books so hardly surprising I bought one he already had.

Tim wants to go shopping with me too. Off limits for him are things for the kitchen, travel things and books, same issue as Nick there. He wants new cycling shoes for the national series starting in early January, easy. Kez is on a promise of shopping when I go to Brisbane.

I have always liked shopping with my boys, preferably one at a time. They are great companions, don't muck about and love to look at shoes, CDs and books. Yep, so like their mum. They are also quite critical. I get the odd baaa when I'm looking at clothes, or 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should'. I do anyway of course.

Roll on Christmas. I'm emotionally prepared now, just the food to get organised and thats very easy.

No comments: