Monday 29 December 2008

Today

One thing you shouldn't have to do over the Christmas break is attend a funeral. A friend of ours didn't quite make Christmas day with his family, he was farewelled today. David died of cancer on Christmas eve, 52 years old and a really dedicated family man who loved to fish and hunt and tell a good story. A terrible loss.

His funeral was well attended, lots of people taking time to remember him and catch up with others. It was good to see some people I hadn't since I've been home, sad that it takes a funeral for people to get together. We have planned a meal out, as we had been trying to for some time, early in the new year to catch up in a happier time. 

Now, as I sit and check my mails, got one from Callie, the lads are cooking tea and I'm sampling a nice sav. Caesar salad with crumbed fish, more pav and the lefts overs from last night, a never ending feast. I think I'll have to join a gym in Al Ain, one with a pool of course to get rid of the extra pounds. 

No comments: