Saturday 20 December 2008

I did it!

Well, that's a first for me, I managed to embed a You Tube rather than just add a link. Poor Diane tried to teach me with written instructions, if all else fails... Actually I mostly lose instructions before I get the message. I prefer to read fiction. Take my precious camera's instruction book. I suspect I left that on an Emirates plane in the front pocket somewhere between Melbourne and Dubai. That really limits my photography, or not as I try different things and tinker with the results.

You see, I tend to be an experiential learner. I'm a bit like a Bobo doll. When I get knocked down, I bounce back up. Not always straight away mind, I'm not shallow, but I can usually take the lesson from the experience.

In this last week the lessons learnt include:

I can't post perfume to Aussie.
People are unpredictable.
People can be mean and small minded.
People can be generous, giving and supportive.
Patience is not always rewarded.
Too much chocolate gateaux gives me a belly ache.
Too much Indian food can make sleeping difficult.
Margarita's are made to be shared and enjoyed.
I can dance.
I can post a You Tube to my blog.
Others enjoy this blog.
Others enjoy my photos.
I can get all my work done before I leave on January 16.

Actually there's a blog in several of those statements, watch this space. For now, I must get the Christmas shopping organised, not my favourite thing to do on a wet Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Husband likes to learn by trial and error and minor explosion. I read the manual EXHAUSTIVELY before I touch a device, especially when dealing with electronics or firearms.

Can I say how impressed I am with your wealth of knowledge over the last week? Over the same period of time, I learned not to wear shoes that were a size too large. Oh, and not to eat mud, but that's an ongoing lesson

Jule's Short Story said...

Pleased to say I never touch firearms, except for that time I shot the sheep with a slug gun. They were in my garden at the time, how was I to know they would bleed like that.

Good lesson about the shoes, although too small shoes have made my toes a bit pointy at times. Must write about some of those other lessons, teach others to beware :D