Saturday 27 December 2008

Family photos ops




Christmas is all about snatching photos of the whanau when they're not looking. The lads cringe when I get the camera out but today, after being out surfing early, the two oldest were convinced I needed one of them and me. Tim and Sarah got me a wallet for Christmas with a photo pocket, a bit bigger than the one in my other wallet. They want me to get rid of the old photos of the boys in their teens I've carried for years. Well, I have to have something to replace them with.

These are of Tim and Nick. Kez is not home for Christmas this year. As always, the serious photos turn to fun with Nick pinching my glasses and then making some rude comments about how they distort his world. It's all fun till someone loses an eye. 

We had a barbie last night. The cold wind dropped in time to sit outside in the warm evening, eat still more food and drink sangria. I made some sangria, not as good as I've had overseas but everyone can tell a sangria story. Mostly they are about buying a pitcher and managing to finish it but not being able to walk too far after. While only mildly alcoholic, sangria lulls you into drinking it faster than you should with its delicious fruity flavors. I know from experience that it's not too good when your significant other doesn't drink and you have to finish a pitcher made for two, then walk back to the tent. Annie has a similar story, as does Sarah.

We had a few laughs, ate more pudding and generally relaxed amongst friends and family. Sorry no photos of that, I was too busy making fish cakes from the left over salmon and pouring hot fudge sauce over the profiteroles after I had filled them with cream. 

No comments: