Wednesday 17 December 2008

Did you know....

Did you know that perfume is on the list of things that can't be posted in New Zealand? I'll tell you how I know.

I bought some perfume for my Aussie son's partner Sassi for Christmas. Last night I carefully wrapped that along with Kez's present and a promise of shopping for the rest of their presents when I come to visit in mid January. Imagine my surprise at the counter of the post office when I was told, "sorry you can't post perfume".

The obvious question, "why not?". No real answer, not blaming the messenger but the stupidity of this rule. Yes, it's written in the post office rule book but that doesn't make it any less stupid. How come Strawberry, the cosmetics and perfume retailer, can post perfume and all sorts of other noxious concoctions all over the world, including to Qatar and I can't post a single 80ml perfume to Australia? I shook my head in total disbelief.

So, there I was standing at the counter a large queue forming behind me wondering just what to do. After all, I had addressed and sealed the large bubble envelope. Did I mention I had already waited in a queue to get served? Mmmmmm someone asked me recently if I was feeling a little frustrated, well yes, now I am.

Back to the drawing board, back to work, repack the parcel minus the perfume, back to the post office. Now it was an OK parcel. Sorry Sassi, yours is a bit lean on presents. I included a note explaining, explaining the lack and the munched up wrapping paper. Of course I had to use what I had again, rips and all.

I hope this gives someone a bit of a giggle, that won't be me right at this moment.

No comments: