Friday 10 October 2008

Reunion

The Qatar crew are gathering in Christchurch this weekend for a get together, Lyn was first to arrive. I picked up Lyn from the airport and we went to town for a wander, without my camera, what was I thinking. Well I was thinking, I'm in my own place, what can there be to take photos of that are interesting. Oh no, big mistake.

I have never climbed to the top of the cathedral, did today. No camera, no photos of the awesome view. I did take some photos for some Japanese tourists. We saw the giant sperm, yes sperm, in the square. No camera, no photos of the strange purple thing with the woman inside giving away pamphlets for something. No photos of that are actually a blessing, trust me. 

We walked, we talked. So great to commune with Lyn again, to pick up where we left off in Qatar. To laugh about the things that were so tough then, the things that were so precious. Tomorrow promises more, more people more memories. It will be interesting to see how we all are now.

Earlier in the day Sarah and I had walked and talked our way around the park with Sam in tow. It was funny, a foreign lady asked us for directions and we both expected a scam. We laughed after she had gone in the direction we sent her about the scams we had witnessed on our travels. The best for me was the Evangelista woman who found a wedding ring but couldn't keep it because of her religion. She tried to give it to us, for a small fee. We laughed and strolled off, she swore at us. Sarah's story was similar. I did give to a beggar woman in Roma who had a baby.  I saw her later with her friend. They were sitting in the sun sharing gelato with their children, money well spent I thought. She smiled at me and I returned her smile. 


No comments: