Tuesday 16 September 2008

Out and about in the sunshine





I worked from home today, very productive. I caught up with some report writing, replacing some of the ones I lost in the computer crash, very frustrating having to redo work. It was one of those lovely spring days, warm and sunny so I had the doors open with the breeze wafting in as I worked. The coffee machine was on and the music playing. The best work conditions I can have.

Later in the afternoon I took a brain break and took my camera for a walk. I had spotted some good photos the night before on my walk but the light was not right and my camera was at home on the couch. I took a pile of photos, spring flowers and things of interest. It's amazing what you can see when you are looking through photographers eyes, and when you have your glasses on if you are me. I tend to exercise without them, makes it interesting crossing streets in the dusk. 

I couldn't believe I found a tractor in dress circle Christchurch. It was sitting in the garden of one of those cool 1930s villas with an awesome overgrown garden, hence the tractor I suppose. I got some other photos as well but they need some work so added this one. The others are from peoples gardens. No one asked me what I was doing or chased me with a broom, a relief. 

I also met an elderly lady taking some flowers into the church for a funeral. They were spring flowers from her garden and I helped her take them into the church in return for photographing them. She enjoyed looking at the results, not that flash but she was impressed. They also need work before I add them here. 

No comments: