Sunday 17 August 2008

Tiny Dancer

I have been trying to put a clip from You Tube on my blog, not sure exactly how to do this so managed to add the link. Not as clever as I hoped I'd be but click the link and listen and watch one of my favorite songs. It's Elton John's Tiny Dancer, originally released in 1971. So it's an oldie. The clip is from the movie Almost Famous, a trip through the 70's rock scene. Literally a trip in places. I love the film, it's about belonging, finding your place. The 70's fashion is great and Kate Hudson is excellent. 
Tim and Sarah also love this song. It was played at their wedding, with their friend Victoria accompanying much to everyones delight. I sing out loud like the band, but not in public. 

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Okay cousin of mine, go to the youtube site here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ppoX4bVTQ

then highlight and copy the html you seee in the 'embed' box.

Go back to your blog. Open a new post page and paste the above html into the page. Maybe write a title, song and singer in title box. Press 'post' and voila, it's on your blog, with your text if you want.

xx

Di Mackey said...

P.S. sometimes the 'embed' box has been disabled, so then you just copy the url at the top of the youtube page you're watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ppoX4bVTQ

Then write your article and do this to create a link. (Do you know it already?)

I'll email the details to you as the comments box won't let me post this kind of html