Thursday 28 August 2008

Somewhere

I gave in today. I decided that having a sick day wasn't the end of the world. How could I know that it would be such a great spring day. The sun shine was warm, even while I was still laying in bed catching up on some lost sleep. 
Since then I have sat in the sun, painted my nails (a true sign of spring) and checked out which pair of heels I will take to Sydney. A very exciting way to spend a Thursday, completely restful. I checked out the temperatures in Sydney and I'm delighted to say its warm. So looking forward to soaking up some much missed heat. 
I also had a couple of phone calls. One excited me. My lovely friend Karen from Rotorua is attending a conference in Wellington in September so we are planning to get together there for a girls weekend. We have had some great times in Wellington together, usually with our friend Sue. Sue's in Al Ain so Karen and I will just have to cope on our own. I think there's enough vino in stock in Wellington to keep us satisfied. If Sue was there, well that would be doubtful. While Karen is conferencing I might just be tempted to check out the shops. Can never have enough pairs of shoes. 
I have also been listening to my music all day. Somewhere Over the Rainbow has just come on. I will have a go at adding a version that makes most people cry from You Tube. Yes it is worth getting through the preamble to hear this child sing, magic.

No comments: