Monday 25 August 2008

Rick Stein

I don't watch much TV, well except for the sport, but was trawling through the channels and found an amazing program on Italy. Italy and more importantly Italian food. Such wonderfully simple food that we enjoyed on our trip. The scenery is also amazing as Rick Stein, that man has my life, travels his way sampling the local food. Truffles, tomatoes, pasta, vino as well as the fresh meats and seafood. 
Watching Rick tour, cook and eat made me want to travel to Italy again, not so easy to organise from New Zealand for a weekend. It also looked very warm, not like here at the moment with rain outside. Sitting in front of the fire vicariously traveling from my couch, well that will have to do for now.
Anyway, my next trip begins on Friday, off to Sydney and Canberra. I haven't seen Tim and 
Sarah for over eight months so hanging out to spend some time with them. I hear it's very cold over there so will be packing the winter woolies. Would much rather be going somewhere warmer.  

No comments: