Tuesday 12 August 2008

Going south

Part of my beat for my job is the small country town of Ashburton. A few times a year I head down there, usually with a colleague, and stay a night or two. Ashburton is nearer the mountains than Christchurch so the view of the Southern Alps is amazing. I will remember to take my camera. 
I am hoping that we will get to do some exercise so am taking my walking shoes but I suspect with snow in the forecast that we may be inside with a nice red or two. We have discussed heading home early on Friday, after all the prospect of a weekend snowed in, in Ashburton doesn't thrill me!
I have been reading some good blogs lately, people talking about journey's in the Middle East, to Italy, to France, well I'm upping the anti. I've been to those places, who out there has been to Ashburton? 

1 comment:

Di Mackey said...

Ummm I have ... the car broke down there years ago. A disturbing little town in Canterbury, eh wot ;)

I prescribe plenty of good Australian red wine.