Friday 1 August 2008

4pm on a Friday

Yes, its Friday again, roll on the weekend and a wine or several. 
What I want to know at this moment though, is what a girl has to do to get a coffee around here. It's 4pm and I am just having my first of the day, tragic and perhaps an explanation why I've been a bit lack luster in my dealings with others today. I have one of those flash ish home coffee machines and it works well most of the time. I can also make an alright espresso, not Italian style of course, but alright.
Coffee attempt number 1: Is that the time already, late for work after sleeping in. No time for coffee.
Coffee attempt numbers 2-7: Home, need a coffee, turn on the machine, do the usual make an espresso steps after the machine has heated. Oh no, the water's not running through, this things about to blow a gasket. Change the coffee, clear the blocked filter thingy, do it again.....OK won't go any further with this but you get the picture, still no coffee. 
Needless to say by attempt seven, yes I am very persistent and of course patient, I was seething with frustration! Oh and the smell of coffee in the kitchen, addictive! Then I remembered that I still possibly had a plunger from the olden days pre coffee machine somewhere. 
Coffee attempt 8: Find the plunger in the deep recesses of the cupboard. Discover it's very mouldy, wash said plunger, boil the jug, add the wrong type of coffee to the plunger, plunge, get a slight burn from the hot water as it didn't do as it was supposed to and viola, coffee.
Not good coffee mind. It would have been easier to drive in the rain to the local cafe, well it would if I had any petrol in the car. Thank goodness it's Friday!

No comments: