Thursday 24 July 2008

Now

When I had finished writing last night, I wondered what I would have to write about now. I'm not off working in a foreign land, exploring other places with wonderful photo opportunities or meeting new and interesting people. 
Then I got thinking, a phrase many of my friends dread because I have been known to share my thoughts and advice. Sharing my thinking can be badly timed and the advice badly delivered but my heart is always in the right place when I do it. Anyhow my thinking this time is about my life at the moment for I am still on my hikoi, my journey. 
The journey has changed for a while. I am reconnecting with the people I had built relationships with in my work life. I am out visiting the teachers in the kindergartens I manage, re establishing our relationships and seeing how life has been for them in the past six months. I have had some lovely conversations, I have been welcomed, I have enjoyed once again being in their place. 
It is very grounding to sit with a group of children and make a train track and transformers out of blocks; to join a birthday party at the dough table where a 3 year old is having, in her words 'my pretend 14 birthday party'; to watch proud parents arriving for their child's first day at kindergarten. All these activities came with some wonderful conversations. I value these and the many interesting people I get the opportunity to meet through my work. 

No comments: