Thursday 17 July 2008

Sick :(

Well it had to happen. I have been so lucky coming home to the cold and not getting sick but yesterday that changed, picked up a small tummy bug. I am home today, not long out of bed and thinking the electric blanket seems like a good idea again. I am not one to lay about and hate being sick but it's a bit cold and I'm sure I could find a good book to join me if I looked hard enough. 
I got a call from a friend in Rotorua yesterday to tell me she was coming down. I love the AirNZ grab a seat sales, people can pick up cheap seats and travel without having to plan too far ahead. I can't wait to see Karen and Charlie. I went to their wedding a couple of years ago and they are so happy together it makes me smile. 
I am planning my next trip at the moment too, off to Canberra to watch Tim compete in the worlds in the last weekend of August. It will be wonderful to see him and Sarah again, I have really missed them. I don't get to watch him race much any more so it will be special to be part of the mountain biking scene again. 
As we will be flying though Sydney, we will catch up with Muzz's brother David. I have tried to convince the youngest to meet us there but the response was less than warm "do you know how f*n cold it is in Canberra, colder than Christchurch and you want me to go there. You must be mad!" Plan B, I will have to use some of my precious air points to visit Brisbane soon. 
Need to work out how long I need to be working again before I can take some leave.....

No comments: