Wednesday 30 July 2008

Photos 2




















Funny, last night I didn't finish the last post before publishing. I thought about adding to it then thought that perhaps I could add a couple more photos and another entry. I know I do tend to run on......
Photos, such wonderful memories of places, people and events. I have noticed that the quality of the photo depends on the lens through which the subject is viewed. I'm not talking about the camera lens. I am talking about the lens of the photographer. From my observations, truly great photographers get involved with the people they are photographing and capture the essence of the person in their photos. 
A great example of this is my cousin Diane. I have seen many of her photos over the years, including some of me. The interesting thing is that I like the photos she takes of me, two of which are on her website. I look like me to me in the photos I like of me. Sometimes I look better than me in those photos taken with love, as Diane's ones were. Check out her website, especially the portrait selection and you will see what I mean: http://www.dimackeyphotography.com/

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Hey, thanks for the plug, sweetpea! :)

Jule's Short Story said...

Only because it's true my friend!