Tuesday 1 July 2008

Twilight

One of the things I noticed when I lived in Qatar is that there was little or no twilight depending on the time of year. At some point, the door slams shut on the day and darkness descends. Earlier in this blog there is a photo of an amazing sunset. These colorful events are common as there is so much dust in the air for the suns rays to reflect off. 
When I arrived in Rome, I enjoyed a twilight much like we have in New Zealand in the summer. and it made me feel like it was summer, that and the warm weather of course. As we travelled north the twilights extended until, at our northern most point in Dinard, we were sitting eating a meal at 9.30pm in a lovely subdued version of daylight. Great for taking photos and I have a few from there on Flickr. 
Now I'm back in Christchurch, it's pitch black and freezing by 5pm. Roll on long twilights. 

No comments: