Wednesday 11 June 2008

Still travelling

It's been a while since I have been able to add to my story. Firstly finding the time with the travel we have been doing has been an issue but most importantly has been the lack of internet access on those travels. The places that have internet access are mostly very expensive and adding to that the need to book the next nights accommodation, the trips to the internet points didn't allow the time and head space needed to add posts. Booking accommodation is very important and wotif.com and booking.com have become my most visited sites!
A reflection on internet points, also known as internet cafe. If they were indeed cafes, that is if they sold the lovely espresso I have exprienced here in Italy, they would have been more user friendly. If they also had toilettes and an attached laundrette, well they would have been the perfect stop for the weary traveller! If these wonderful cafe\internet\laundrette\loo had also been at railway stations, well life would have been bellissimo, my black walking shoes might have survived the whole trip and I would have seen more sights.
Travelling by train in Italy, on a Trenitalia pass has been very interesting and I will write about some of those experiences in a post soon.

No comments: